SLIDER

My Favourite Portfolio Websites

04 February 2014

This month I'm going to be sharing a few of my tips and tricks for getting yourself in a good position as a Creative to get out there and look for/get work in the private sector. So today I thought I'd start at the top and look at a few of my favourite portfolio websites.

First up, lets look at Behance. This is great because it can be a simple or as complicated as you like. You can attach your own URL to it, code it to death and pimp it up, or you can take one of their basic templates and just add your work to the gaps. Sound easy? It is. If you're just starting out and want to get your work out there fast but still have it look professional, then Behance is for you.  



Next on the line is Carbon Made. Now I love this one. It's got a bit of personality, a bit of oomph and It's come from relatively humble beginnings. A two man operation that sort of exploded. It's still easy to make your portfolio look good but this one is more minimalistic than Behance. It's very simple and uniform but it does make the work stand out. I love this one particularly because for me it seems that this whole site was built just to make it as easy as possible for creatives to get their work out there. You are limited to five projects on a basic free account, but you can upgrade to add more.



And lastly, we're looking at Cargo Collective. A lot of the guys on my course chose to get themselves one of these. You do have to apply to get an account on there, but once you're in the options are pretty endless. It's pretty sweet actually. Cargo Collective is slightly different to the other two as it offers it's users a completely free standing website. So basically, you're getting your hosting all bundled up in the deal. From there you can add to pre-existing templates or you can get creative with coding. I'd recommend getting on there and taking a look at some of the example sites, there's some beautiful stuff on there.



Svea xo