SLIDER

Random Access Memories Unboxed...

24 May 2013


Hi guys I'm back! Two days late due to technical difficulties.

Today I'd like to share with you a brief visual history of Daft Punk in honour of the release of their new album Random Access Memories.  [Fun Fact: Their brand mark was actually designed by one half of the duo Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo...yep that's his real name!].

This cool little infographic can be found here


I love how they take their image and tweak it slightly every time to keep it looking fresh and interesting. I'm especially feeling the fact that their latest costumes were designed by Yves St.Laurent!

From a Design perspective, this identity has everything in it that I love. It's responsive, current, inherently cool and bold with it. I like that they're happy to play with it every time as their music grows. Overall, a solid effort. One of my biggest regrets is that I didn't buy the Special Edition Tron Legacy Vinyl when it was released...it's so pretty! But if anyone wants to pay £1000 for it on eBay for me then please feel free [It's my birthday in two weeks...wink wink nudge nudge].

I'm going to leave you with the awesome teaser trailer for the album. I so enjoyed watching this when it was aired last week, it's not often an ad for an album inspires so much excitement! The release felt like such an event!

See you next week!

Svea xo