SLIDER

A Flickr of life

27 May 2013


I enjoy photography as much as anyone else and I often take days out to just snap away on the beach around my beautiful city. But I've become a victim of not taking my camera out and just relying on my trusty iPhone then uploading them to Instagram.

I don't usually upload my photos to Facebook, but I recently remembered that I have a Flickr account. It's been a while since I've used the site and was extremely impressed when I saw that it has had a brand new face lift.

Adopting the rectangle interface that has graced every photo sharing site and bringing in the photostream hasn't defined anything new but adopting similar styles will help more budding amateurs feel like its a natural part of their social sites rather than being the odd one out. 


Offering a terabyte of space is great, I felt a bit put off by upgrading all the time just for putting my own photos on the site so adding this unbelievable amount of space has me sold.

Of course sometimes change is never a good thing, that's why in the forums a lot of hardcore fans have been complaining about the revamp. I can understand why because it uses the same interface as every other site making it feel more like a teenage social site, and many people used Flickr on a professional basis, but the site wasn't current or interesting. This new lease of life lets the site play around with layouts due to image sizes and I think it looks beautiful.

Biggr, Spectaculr, and Wherevr. is the sites' new motto and I hope this brings photographers back to this once great site. I for one am going to put down the phone and crack out the camera to give my photos the home they deserve.

'Til the next time, James x