SLIDER

Why Graphic Designers are uptight about kerning, and other stories.

17 July 2013



I am a Graphic Designer, therefore I am perfectly within my right to get screwy when I notice bad kerning and/or leading. I will exercise this right at will as will 99.9% of all Graphic designers. We will also point out when an image is pixelated, a typeface is wrong or a layout is awful. We just will. 

We can't be blamed for this reflex and it should be taken with a pinch of salt by the masses. We're not judging you, just your branding (FYI we are judging you, if you have clipart on your website, I've got beef with you). This eye for detail - and disdain for Comic Sans - is instilled in us from the second we step in to uni and stays with us for life. We're hardwired to want to make things beautiful, we get excited about laying out type - no, really. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I get sad when I see a decent business with shoddy branding. Even if you're not a creative, I defy you not to appreciate this bakery's packaging. Just looking at it makes me happy before i even get into the baked goods.

That's what a great designer can do for you people! We can sell people on your business before they've even scratched the surface. You need to meet us half way, but we can make you look pretty darn cool doing it. 

So please, trust our eye and let us make your print & website awesome, everyone will be happier for it!

Svea xo